Tech, Oracle, user experience, coffee, design standards, and shameless ranting

Android SDK install error

Spent ages trying to get Andoid SDK  installed and configured so that I could get to grips with Appcelerator mobile development tool working.

Kepy on saying I didnt have a SDK installed

Oh how annoying.

I tried:

  • Installing an older version of JDK
  • Installing JRE, JDK, SDK, ImOK…. nada
  • Changing my PATH variable until Id went down ALL the paths I could.

Turns out that the Android SDK doesn’t like the 64bit version of JDK.

So, you can either.

Install the 32 bit version, and set your PATH variable to point to it.

Download the ZIP version of the Adroid SDK, then after extracting it, run the SDK manager.exe file and set the JDK path manually.

Woohoo, fully working Appcelerator, ready for me to download Aptana (which Appcelerator recently aquired) and get started with a few mobie apps that I’ve been playing around with (in my mind)

Will post some examples when I get going.

Share

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

Switch to our mobile site